Below are some websites with tips for parent/teacher conferences.
Please remember that we will dismiss school at 2:20 on both days. There is no school on Friday, February 18, 2011.
A few tips ......
- Ask your child if there is anything that he would like you to discuss with the teacher.
- Arrive promptly or a few minutes early.
- Jot down everything that you want to talk about at the conference.
- Begin with positive comments about the teacher or classroom.
- Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to the purpose of the conference.
- Be open-minded to suggestions from the teacher.
- Keep your emotions under control.
- Take notes about what has been discussed to share with your child.
- Express appreciation for the conference.
- Do not stay beyond your allotted time.