When we come to tricky words what do we do?
1. You can look at the picture.
2. You can look at the first letter in the word.
3. You can ask yourself what makes sense.
4. You can re-read.
5. You can look for chunks (small parts) in the word.
6. You can sound (search) through the word.
When I am finished I should be able to tell:
1. What happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story.
2. Was there a problem? If so, what was it?
3. What was the resolution (solution)? How did they fix the problem?
If the book is Non-fiction, I should be able to name 3 facts, from memory that I didn't know before.